Wednesday 28 September 2011

Day 4

Right, my turn to update this! I will start by emphasising how bad last nights hotel was, shocking! Barely any sleep after a pretty tough days cycling left us in a relatively bad mood this morning. Thankfully #petesadvice lightened the mood in the hotel room last night (visit twitter for #petesadvice). So we set off today with 80+ miles ahead of us. Seemed pretty daunting after the previous ten hours! Anyway, the weather was kind to us and sun on our back we set about our travels only to hit a hurdle 40 miles in where I smashed another spoke. Thankfully Peter and the support vehicle were on hand to pick us up and get us to Pearce Cycles to get a new rear wheel. Thank you to them for their help and discount! Anyway, with a revised route we were back on the road with 36 miles to our destination. For those of you who know me I didn't keep my composure through the complication and I did lose my patience/temper! Anyway, we made it to Harmers Hill, food on board and hopefully a good nights sleep ahead of us before making our way to Preston tomorrow. Steddie Eddie (Richard) kept peddling all day, hindered by knee pain but managed to get through once again. Has to be said, Peter was the saviour today! (thanks dad)

No comments:

Post a Comment