Sunday 25 September 2011

Day 1

I will start by saying a cricket season does not prepare your for the terrain of Cornwall! We have covered our targeted 74 miles in 5 hours. Richard led the way with a steady pace throughout but the long inclines up to 10% gradient was a little too much for me after not being on the bike for 3 weeks. Richards 1600 miles training have definitely shown today! I think it was obvious I hadn't been on the bike for a while when I fell off trying to get my shoe clipped in! No serious damage thankfully, just a couple of scrapes!

Overall a pretty tough day with not enough fluids or food taken on throughout the day. Hopefully improve on that tomorrow!

1st night for us all sharing. Sound advice of keeping your shoes untied and ready to put on in the event of an emergency and a quick exit needed - thanks for that Peter Willey (support vehicle).

No comments:

Post a Comment